Products from Drei Sterne
In March 1870, Mr. Anton Franz Mörtel founded the chalk factory, which is still in sole family ownership today. The trademark DREI STERNE was registered with the Imperial Patent Office in Berlin as early as 28.02.1898.
After the death of the founder, his son Matthäus acquired the properties in Nuremberg and further expanded the company. In the 1920s, there was an enormous improvement in quality with the invention of the stone-free and dust-bound school chalk. After the destruction of the property in Nuremberg at the end of the Second World War, the company was rebuilt by Rosa Mörtel in Schwabach.
In the 1960s, the importance of industrial marking chalk began to grow strongly and the company was able to expand its range with many new quality products. In 1982, Rosa Mörtel bequeathed to her son Rudolf and grandsons Manfred and Peter a company that enjoyed a very good reputation in the stationery industry. Today the company is run by Manfred and Peter Mörtel in the 5th generation as a KG. 140 years of tradition guarantee German quality and reliability.